Module 8: Email
Hosting accounts allow you to setup email accounts using your domain name. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org. The storage space you have your account also include the storage space you have for email.
If you use your email a lot or send and receive attachments, we recommend using a 3rd party service like Tutanote, G Suite or Zoho to host your email. Then you get more storage space and if something happens to your hosting account it won’t affect your email.
- What is email
- Email security and surveillance
- Email with cPanel
- 3rd Party Email providers
- MX Records
- Research 5-10 different email providers that let you use custom domain names. Compare features and pricing.
- Try setting up an email account in cPanel
- Practice configuring your MX Records to point to a 3rd party email provider
- Explain the pros and cons of hosting email on the same server as your web site versus using a 3rd party email provider.
- Choose and justify which you think is the best email provider for a personal website, small business and large corporations.