Module 2: Domain Names
A domain name is the address of your site. An example could be myportfolio.com. Domain names can have various extensions such as .com, .org, .net, etc.
In order for your hosting account to work properly you will need to point your domain name to your hosting account using the Domain Name Server (DNS) settings covered in the next module.
Some hosting accounts can host multiple domain names in with a single account.
- What is an IP address
- Domain Name, TLDs, Subdomains
- Buying and Renewing Domains
- ICANN and Domain Name Privacy
- Choosing a Domain Name
- Research 10 different domain name providers
- Find out what TLDs they support and the pricing
- Check the company offerings and pricing for privacy protection
- Try searching for different possible domain names for a possible personal or professional site
Write an email to a business owner who is about to get a website. Explain what a domain name is and explain how he or she can try searching for some possible domain names at a domain name provider of your recommendation.