Module 9: Security
Security is an important part of hosting. It protects your content and site as well as the information of visitors. There are a number of things you can do to keep your site secure.
You want to make sure you use secure passwords for all of your logins, be careful logging into your account on public wifi networks, and check your computer for viruses that might try to steal passwords.
If you use software like WordPress, make sure to keep it up to date with the latest version. With ecommerce sites, you can inquire about SSL (Secure Socket Layers), which protects online payment information.
- Introduction to security and hacking
- Common ways sites get hacked
- Web hosting security best practices
- Password security
- Software security
- Setup SSL for your domain using the free SSL feature in cPanel
- Look into recommended security plugins for WordPress
- Take personal steps to improve your online security
- Explain the most common ways websites get hacked and practical steps to avoid this.