It is possible for a teacher or school to let students signup for hosting accounts using subdomains of a teacher or school’s primary domain name rather than having students purchase their own domains.
For example: student1.teacherdomain.com, student1.departmentdomain.net
Here are the instructions for setting up this process:
- Contact support to let them know the domain name you want to use.
- Have students signup and choose “I have a school subdomain”
- Get the following information from each student:
- Subdomain name they choose
- IP address of their new account (found in welcome email sent to the student)
- Create a subdomain in cPanel for each student.
- In the Advanced DNS Zone Editor in cPanel, create a record for each subdomain with the following information:
- Name: studentsubdomain.yourdomain.net
- TTL: 14400
- Type: A
- Address: Student IP address
This process will point the subdomain to the students cPanel account.
If a school purchases a domain name through us, we can assist with the setup process.